This will root your phone and install a custom recovery.
Windows is required
- Install the Samsung drivers. (links at bottom of the post)
- Download the s7562 Rooting Kit.
- Extract The kit, and open Odin.
- In Odin click on PDA and choose the Recovery.tar
- Now, on your device: a. Switch on USB debugging b.Put Cwm_SuperSU or Cwm_SuperUser, just choose one, I prefer Cwm_SuperSU c.Turn your device off and boot it in download mode ( Hold Vol_Down & Home & Power until you see light coming out from the device, then if you see warning click Vol_Up.
- Connect your phone to the windows pc and you should see this in Odin:
- Make sure to Have : Auto Reboot & F. Reset time & Pda Checkedd after you done Step 5 & 6.
- Remove the back Cover of your phone ( you must do that )
- Now Click on START in odin
- You should see a Blue bar in the download mode on your device
- Wait till it's finished.
- When it finishes. When you see the samsung logo, remove your battery
- Remove the Usb cable from your device, and reinsert the battery
- Now you changed your
Stock Recovery, With CWM_Recovery. Now you want to go to your new recovery, by pressing Vol_Down & Vol_Up & Home & Power release the buttons when you see the samsung logo.
Note : Your touchscreen is disabled here , move with your Vol_Up / Vol_down and choose with Home button and go back with back button.
- Optional Make a backup in CWM recovery to external Sd-Card.
- now choose
Install Zip from sdCardand go to
Choose zip from SdcardOr From internal sd Card ( Depends on where you put your Cwm_SUperuser)
- Now go to where you have put your CWM_Superuser / Cwm_SuperSU and click on the home button, and click yes and now wait till it has finished.
- Now go back and choose
Reboot System now.
Files: Samsung kies : http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ Droidzer Rooting kit : http://d-h.st/BtL