Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail
Method 1: Transfer iPhone contacts to Google in a few easy stepsTo do so, follow the outlined directions in this short YouTube video or go through the steps below:
1. Download and install CopyTrans Contacts on your PC, a powerful utility for iPhone contacts transfer:
Method 2: Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail and the other way round using Google SyncGoogle comes handy when you are trying to synchronize iPhone contacts between your PC, Gmail account and your iPhone. The service works for other mobile devices too. This section discusses how to set up Google sync in order to be able to transfer contacts from Gmail to iPhone.
Note: For the other way round - in order to tranfer iPhone contacts to your Gmail account, have a look at the this free BETA application.
Google Sync for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Navigate to the iPhone Settings and from there chose the option which is named Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- On the newly-opened slide, select Add Account...
- From the next window, make sure you tap "Google"
- Next, enter your full email address (including @gmail.com) in the field called Email. You can leave the Domain field empty as it is not required. In the Username field, again, enter your full username which includes the @gmail.com ending. Tap on Next on the top-right.
- From the next screen, make sure you turn Contacts and other Google sync services such as Mail or Calendars which participate in the synchronization.
- Your iPhone will ask you what you would like to do with existing local contacts, calendars etc. on your iPhone. Unless you want to delete your currently saved on your iPhone contacts, select Keep on My iPhone in order for the sync to take place. Any new contacts (from your iPhone) with regards to your existing Gmail contacts will be placed in the All Contacts group.
- Finally, in order for the sync to begin, go to your iPhone settings, and tap on Fetch New Data. From the newly-opened slide turn Push on.
Note: In order to follow steps 1 through 8, you need to make sure you have at least iOS 3 installed on your iDevice (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch). Also, perform an iOS backup of your device via iTunes on your computer, in order for your iPhone contacts, calendars and additional settings data to be backed up to your PC. To find out more about how to proceed with iOS backup, have a look at this page: