Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
Google Nexus 5 Hard Reset
- Press and Hold Volume UP + Volume Down + Power key to get Android Recovery Mode.
- Now you see a word "Start"
- Now Press Volume Down for 2 time to see "Recovery Mode"
- Now press power key to enter Recovery Mode
- Now press Volume UP + Power key to get recovery menu in blue color.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset and press power to confirm selection
- Now select Yes -- Delete all user data and press power to confirm selection
- Now reboot device
- hard reset done