Before you begin updating your Vivo smartphone, it is important to have all the tools at hand:
- Recharge your smartphone battery(more than 70% battery)
- Pc or Laptop
- USB data cable for the device
- install Vivo USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Download Vivo USB Drivers For Windows
- Download SP Flash Tool for Windows: HERE
- Download the Vivo Y83 Stock firmware on your computer: HERE
1- Run Flash_tool.exe:
2-Click on Download Agent, find and locate the download agent File (it should be in the flash tool folder) and press Open.
3-Click on Scatter-loading, find and locate the Firmware Vivo Y83 Scatter File and press Open.
4-Now click on Download button.
5- Connect your Vivo Y83:
- Turn off your device.
- Remove the battery (if removable)
- Remove Sim card and SD card to prevent data loss
- Connect your Vivo to your computer via USB cable.
7-The flashing process might take some time to complete.
8-That’s it ! you have successfully Update Vivo Y83 to Android 8.1 Oreo.